Applied Ecology, Inc., a small environmental consulting business with a rapidly expanding footprint, is seeking a highly motivated Administrative Assistant Analyst with proven experience to join our growing team. AEI has three offices located in Florida and is a regional leader in geospatial services, water resources, ecological and natural resources, and environmental remediation and contamination services.
As a small business, we are involved in a diverse, fast-paced environment serving private, municipal, and federal clients. Due to our forecasted growth, this is a great setting for a multi-talented individual to work closely with our CFO and President and grow into a senior administrative role, project accountant, or marketing coordinator.
Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of administrative assistant experience in a professional services industry (e.g., engineering, geotechnical, environmental, surveying, or similar firm). This position will focus on supporting the CFO in daily bookkeeping and job-costing account reports, timesheet approval, as well as project setup, and preparation of other financial documentation. In addition, job duties will also include other general administrative tasks, such as answering phones, distributing mail, scheduling meetings, ordering supplies, technical report editing, and a variety of marketing/proposal support. The ideal candidate is a highly energetic problem solver, both big picture and detailed oriented, focused on identifying opportunities/problems and providing solutions.
- 3+ years of administrative experience
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Attention to detail
- The ability to monitor, collect, and analyze data
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize a variety of tasks, working under tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, communicating effectively with employees and clients
- Perform additional duties as assigned and/or directed
- Willing to learn and grow with our successful business
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with project-based accounting for the Architecture, Engineering
- Experience with Microsoft Project is a plus
- Environmental, Construction Industry
- Familiarity with accounting software (QuickBooks is a plus)
- Experience in technical report editing for ADA compliance
- Experience with assisting in proposal development or developing marketing products
- Experience with design software
- Experience with web design or/and any administrative interface of a website
Interested applicants, please submit a cover letter and resume addressed to William Paton, Vice-President.
Applied Ecology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our firm is committed through responsible management policies to recruit, hire, promote, train, transfer, compensate, and administer all other personnel actions without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, status as a protected veteran and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules, and regulations.