Applied Ecology, Inc., a small environmental consulting business with a rapidly expanding footprint, is seeking a highly motivated and energetic Junior Environmental Technician to join our growing team. AEI has three offices located in Florida and is a regional leader in geospatial services, water resources, ecological and natural resources, and environmental remediation and contamination services.
As a small business, we are involved in a diverse, fast-paced environment serving private, municipal, and federal clients. This position provides a unique opportunity for a motivated individual to develop a variety of professional skills and become part of a talented group of scientists and engineers. This part-time position can become a full-time position with benefits with proven performance and professional growth.
Candidates should have a minimum of 2 years of completed college education in a relevant field, able and willing to do fieldwork in a variety of upland, wetland, and in-water conditions. The ideal candidate is a highly energetic and motivated team player, problem solver, willing to follow detailed protocols and learn quickly and efficiently.
A minimum of two years of college education needs to have been completed (AA or AS) or be a rising junior in a Bachelor of Arts (BA) or a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Biology, Oceanography, or related technical field. The following are minimum requirements:
- One year of fieldwork experience
- Ability and willingness to learn and follow precise protocols for field data collection
- Commitment to the task at hand and reliability to meet schedule
- Ability to work in the field in various types of weather, and the ability to lift heavy equipment (30 pounds) required, as well as stand, bend, twist, and walk for 8 hours a day
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and managers from varying disciplines and be courteous to the public
- Good general computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
- A valid Florida Driver’s license is required, and a clean driving record must be maintained
- Must be able to pass drug testing and a background check
- Willing to work occasional weekend and/or evening hours in addition to regular work hours.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legally eligible to work in the United States under the Immigration Reform and Control Act
For additional information, please review the complete position description here.