Applied Ecology, Inc., a small environmental consulting business with rapidly expanding footprint, is seeking a highly motivated and energetic Mid-level Environmental Compliance Scientist to join our growing team. AEI has three offices located in Florida and is a regional leader in geospatial services, water resources, ecological and natural resources, and environmental compliance and remediation services.
As a small business, we are involved in diverse, fast-paced environment serving private, municipal, and federal clients. This position provides a unique opportunity for a motivated individual to develop a variety of professional skills and become part of a talented group of scientists and engineers. This position is ideal for someone who enjoys a mixture of office and field work and enjoys a diversity of project types.
Candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of professional environmental experience preferably with federal agencies such as the Department of Defense. This position requires the candidate to be self-motivated to complete tasks, ability to contribute to a team environment, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Interested applicants, please submit a cover letter and resume addressed to Ms. Andrea Bishop, Senior Environmental Compliance Manager of Applied Ecology, Inc.
- B.S. or B.A. in environmental or civil engineering, geology, or science from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in environmental protocols for storage tanks, emergency response, hazardous materials, hazardous waste, air emissions, storm water, asbestos, and lead-based paint
- Ability to work in the field in various types of weather, and the ability to lift heavy equipment (30 pounds) required, as well as stand, bend, twist, and walk for 8 hours a day/
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft office suite and Adobe products
- Must demonstrate an ability in collaborative problem solving with stakeholders, clients, and peers
- A valid Florida Driver’s license is required, and a clean driving record must be maintained
- Must be able to pass drug testing and a background check
- U.S. Citizenship due to Federal contracting requirements
Applied Ecology, Inc. is committed to continually striving towards a safe and healthy working environment, including taking all reasonably practicable steps required to protect staff and others from the risk of COVID-19. Since our organization works with Federal, state, and local contractors, a COVID-19 vaccination is required as a stipulation of employment. If you have not received the vaccine upon hire, you will be required to be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021.
For additional information, please review the complete position description here.