Applied Ecology, Inc., a small environmental consulting business with rapidly expanding footprint, is seeking a highly motivated and energetic GIS Analyst with proven experience to join our growing team. AEI has three offices located in Florida and is a regional leader in geospatial services, water resources, ecological and natural resources, and environmental remediation and contamination services. We are an ESRI Silver Business Partner, providing our employees with access to the newest tools and platforms, as we and an abundance of training and certification opportunities. This position could potentially be a hybrid remote/field/office position for the right candidate, based out of our Orlando office location.
As a small business, we are involved in diverse, yet challenging environmental projects, providing a great setting for a motivated individual to learn from a highly qualified team of scientists and engineers, while making a clear impact in our environment. This position is ideal for someone who enjoys a diversity of project types, ranging from geospatial application development to remote sensing applications.
Candidate should have a minimum of 4 years of progressive experience. This position is responsible for coordinating and performing work related to any geospatial project, including managing the workload, scheduling additional field or office support and monitoring the quality of work products. The ideal candidate should have advanced geospatial analyses skills, including expertise in topology, geodatabase design and implementation, web mapping, and imagery processing from a variety of platforms. Preference provided to those that can create innovative solutions, define project requirements, and have solid experience in the acquisition and processing of UAV remote sensing products.
Interested applicants, please submit a cover letter and resume addressed to Dr. Claudia Listopad, President.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally or nationally accredited institution in Geography, GIS, Urban Planning, Environmental Science, Computer Science, or a closely related field.
- Minimum of four years of experience using ESRI suite of GIS software including ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro and related extensions, ArcGIS Enterprise, and relational databases.
- Minimum 1 year of ENVI or ERDAS or other remote sensing software
- Minimum of two years processing imagery, preferentially multi- and hyperspectral imagery and LIDAR
- Candidate must have solid technical writing skills and effective communication skills.
- Candidate must be accountable for their productivity and actions.
- Candidate must be a critical thinker and problem solver
- US citizenship (due to federal contract requirements)
Applied Ecology, Inc. is committed to continually striving towards a safe and healthy working environment, including taking all reasonably practicable steps required to protect staff and others from the risk of COVID-19. Since our organization works with Federal, state, and local contractors, a COVID-19 vaccination is required as a stipulation of employment. If you have not received the vaccine upon hire, you will be required to be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021.
For additional information, please review the complete position description here.