Applied Ecology, Inc., a small environmental consulting business with a rapidly expanding footprint, is seeking a highly motivated and energetic GIS Analyst with proven experience to join our growing team. AEI has three offices located in Florida and is a regional leader in geospatial services, water resources, ecological and natural resources, and environmental remediation and contamination services. We are an ESRI Silver Business Partner, providing our employees with access to the newest tools and platforms, as we and an abundance of training and certification opportunities.
As a small business, we are involved in diverse, yet challenging environmental projects, providing a great setting for a motivated individual to lead diverse projects and a growing team of scientists and analysts.
Candidates should have a minimum of 4 years of progressive experience. This position is responsible for coordinating and performing work related to any geospatial project, including managing the workload, scheduling additional field or office support, and monitoring the quality of work products. The ideal candidate should have advanced geospatial analyses skills, including expertise in topology, geodatabase design and implementation, web mapping, AGOL, and python scripting. Preference provided to those that can plan efficient project execution, define GIS requirements, and proposes potential innovative and creative technologic solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally or nationally accredited institution in Geography, GIS, Urban Planning, Environmental Science, Computer Science, or a closely related field.
- Minimum of four years of experience using ESRI suite of GIS software including ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro and related extensions, ArcGIS Enterprise, and relational databases.
- Minimum of two years using Python or R scripting
- Candidate must have solid technical writing skills and effective communication skills.
- Candidate must be accountable for their productivity and actions.
- Candidate must be a critical thinker and problem solver
For additional information, please review the complete position description here.