Applied Ecology, Inc., a small environmental consulting business with rapidly expanding footprint, is seeking a highly motivated and energetic Environmental or Civil Engineer to expand our Water Resources Service Line. This position requires a strong technical background in water resources engineering as well as the capability and interest to lead complex projects. AEI has three offices located in Florida and is a regional leader in water resources, ecological and natural resources, geospatial services, and environmental remediation and contamination services. This position can be based out of Melbourne, Orlando or Tampa areas.
As a small business, we are involved in diverse, yet challenging environmental and utility projects, providing a great setting for a motivated individual to shape the growth of Applied Ecology in the municipal and federal sector. This is your opportunity to pursue the projects you always wanted and strengthen a leading team in water quality, resiliency, and climate adaptation pursuits.
Qualified candidates must have demonstrated experience in water resource issues relevant to Florida. Competency is desired in one or more areas including civil engineering, surface water, water supply/planning, water quality, watershed management planning, site development engineering, coastal management, resilience and climate adaptation, and green infrastructure design.
Candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of professional experience. Candidates with >10 years of experience and significant project management skills will be considered for a Senior Water Resources position.
Interested applicants, please submit a cover letter and resume addressed to Dr. Claudia Listopad, President of AEI.
Position Description: Responsibilities & Duties
- Lead the development of technical submittals including letters, technical reports, figures, and tables
- Communicate with various municipality, utility, government clients, subcontractors, and government regulating agencies
- Stormwater and/or groundwater modeling, planning, and design
- Ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- Assist with expanding the water resources service line technical team
- Writes scope documents in response to specific client task requests
- Works directly with the proposal team in creating a clear concise proposal and assist with development technical approaches
- Successfully delivers tasks and projects within the clients’ budget and schedule requirements
- Occasionally travels to client sites for project investigations, definition workshops, charrettes and project meetings
- Furnishes all information via SOW, sketches, layouts, and verbal or written information needed by the design team to understand the requirements
- Advocates for design excellence and quality in overall program and all project deliverables; works proactively with federal clients to identify expectations and achieve Very Good to Exceptional CPARS ratings
- Applies a practical knowledge of architectural and engineering methods, techniques, and historical project data to ensure project requirements are complete
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or a related water resources discipline; Master’s degree preferred
- ≥5 years of experience in water resources
- A Professional Engineer license or ability to obtain one within 12 months of hire required (EI)
- Knowledge of the regulatory processes in Florida
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office products
- Experience with surface water, groundwater, and integrated modeling codes such as HEC-RAS, ICPR, MIKE-SHE, and/or SWMM
- Candidate must have solid technical writing skills and effective inter-communication skills
- Candidate must be accountable for their productivity and actions
- Experience with Green Infrastructure, Water Quality, or Coastal Resilience projects
- Project management skills preferred
- Related project management and/or supervisory experience is preferred.
- Graduate degree preferred
- Federal experience, including DoD experience preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD, PONDS, ASAD, GEOPAK Drainage, ArcGIS, and/or MicroStation
- LEED accreditation or other accepted “Green Rating System” and sustainable project experience
- Project Management Professional certification (PMP)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Organized with the ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks
- Possess effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Energetic, detail-oriented team player and leader
- Motivated and eager to grow the Water Resources Service Line
- Must be detail-oriented and take pride in delivering high quality work
- Ability to exhibit a professional, courteous demeanor
- Ability to work in a diverse environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with those encountered in the course of work using principles of excellent customer service
Applied Ecology, Inc. is committed to continually striving towards a safe and healthy working environment, including taking all reasonably practicable steps required to protect staff and others from the risk of COVID-19.
Applied Ecology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our firm is committed through responsible management policies to recruit, hire, promote, train, transfer, compensate, and administer all other personnel actions without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, status as a protected veteran and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules, and regulations.
For additional information, please review the complete position description here.