Applied Ecology, Inc., a small environmental consulting business with a rapidly expanding footprint, is seeking a highly motivated and energetic Senior Water Resources Engineer with proven experience to lead our Water Resources Service Line. This position requires a strong background in water resources engineering, solid project management skills, and experience teaming with clients. AEI has three offices located in Florida and is a regional leader in water resources, ecological and natural resources, geospatial services, and environmental remediation and contamination services.
As a small business, we are involved in diverse yet challenging environmental and utility projects, providing a great setting for a motivated individual to shape the growth of Applied Ecology in the federal sector. This is your opportunity to pursue the projects you always wanted and build your own successful team.
Qualified candidates must have demonstrated experience and expertise in water resource issues relevant to Florida. Competency is desired in one or more areas, including civil engineering, surface water, water supply/planning, water quality, watershed management planning, and site development engineering.
Candidates should have a minimum of 12 years of professional experience. This position requires a strong background in water resources engineering, solid project management skills, and experience teaming with clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related water resources discipline; Master’s degree preferred.
- ≥ 12 years of experience in water resources.
- A Florida Professional Engineer license is required.
- Knowledge of the regulatory processes in Florida.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with surface water, groundwater, and integrated modeling codes such as HEC-RAS, ICPR, MIKE-SHE, and/or SWMM.
- Candidate must have solid technical writing skills and effective inter-communication skills.
- Candidate must be accountable for their productivity and actions.
For additional information, please review the complete position description here.