Applied Ecology presented a poster at the 8th Annual Indian River Lagoon Symposium. Their poster discussed the nutrient and fecal coliform results from 15-months of groundwater monitoring for a pilot project within the Turkey Creek basin. In late 2016, Florida Institute of Technology, Marine Resources Council, and Applied Ecology, Inc. initiated this pilot study to develop a methodology for allocating groundwater sources, improve the understanding of groundwater nutrient sources, and refine groundwater loading models used to advise priority areas for septic to sewer conversions, updates to wastewater treatment facilities, and sewage infrastructure retrofits.
- -New Contract Award- IRLNEP State of the Lagoon Technical Report and Lagoonwide Asset Mapping
- MRC Conservation Awards Project of the Year Award Recipient
- MRC Conservation Project of the Year Nomination
- -New Contract Award- Continuing Professional Environmental Assessment, Testing, and Remediation Services
- -Project Progress Status- Indian River Lagoon TMDL Refinement and Load Allocation