Applied Ecology is proud to announce their award of two Indian River Lagoon National Estuary Program (IRLNEP) Contracts: the State of the Lagoon Technical Report and Lagoonwide Asset Mapping.
The State of the Lagoon Technical Report contract involves the coordination of all aspects for developing a State of the Lagoon Technical Report that documents the current status of the Indian River Lagoon ecosystem and its watershed. Ultimately, the State of the Lagoon technical report will:
- Evaluate key stressors to the IRL and its watershed
- Assess physical, chemical and biological conditions (including landscape and development conditions)
- Describe past and recent trends
- Look ahead to future stressors and anticipated changes
- Identify data and research needed to advance our understanding of these changes
- Provide recommendations to advise CCMP updates (expected in 2025) and CCMP revisions (expected in 2030)
The Lagoonwide Asset Mapping contract aims to use Geographic Information Systems (GIS) mapping to:
- Support the acquisition and synthesis of available data from IRL stakeholders to develop new lagoon-wide maps
- Identify of a list of potential asset maps that align with each of the 32 Vital Signs identified in the IRL Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan (CCMP)
- Identify gaps in existing data to guide data acquisition for future lagoon-wide maps
Applied Ecology is looking forward to providing the IRLNEP with services that will further the restoration of the Indian River Lagoon!